www.proact-retail.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, rest assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
www.proact-retail.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should also check this page from time to time, to ensure that you are happy with any changes that have been made.
This policy was updated on 1st October 2019 to comply with the South African legislation.
What we collect
When placing an order on our website, we collect and store the following details so we can process your order:
• Name – As entered at point of making a purchase, starting to make a purchase in the website checkout process, completing one of our contact forms or email sign-up forms.
• Billing/Courier Address – As provided at point of making a purchase.
• Telephone Number – As provided at point of making a purchase.
• Email Address – As entered at point of making a purchase, starting to make a purchase in the website checkout process, completing one of our contact forms or email sign-up forms.
• IP Address – As provided at point of making a purchase.
• Payment Information – As captured at point of purchase. Note: Pro Act Solutions does not directly process your credit/debit card details; these are handled by secure 3rd party payment providers (Paygate) on our behalf.
• Company Tax Number – As provided at point of making a purchase.
Personal information regarding all purchases from our website, is stored in our database for sales and VAT compliance, etc. Digital copies are also stored in a secure cloud backup system.
1. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
1.1 When you start providing information at the cart/checkout process of our website
We process your data on the basis that you have an interest in our products and services. We process it to follow up with you to check whether you had problems in ordering, or whether there are any pre-sales questions we can answer.
1.2 When you complete a purchase on our website
We process these items, as they are necessary to fulfil your order: Your name, email address, physical address, payment information, IP address and company tax number.
1.3 When you fill in one of our contact forms
We process any information provided by you in submitting a contact form request, or in any follow-up conversations on the basis of consent, and being necessary to fulfil our contract to you where one exists.
2. When you contact us via email
• We process any information provided by you in submitting an email, or in any follow-up conversations on the basis of consent and being necessary to fulfil our contract to you where one exists.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, exclusive offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• At any given time, you may choose to unsubscribe to our marketing services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Third parties with access to your data
In order to provide our services to you, we rely on some third-party service providers who may be based outside South Africa. This means that your data may be transferred outside the country, subject to appropriate safeguards. The following providers are currently involved in providing the services associated with this website and any contract you may enter into through it:
All payments via Paygate are processed via the secure payment gateway, and as such, no payment/card details are stored on our server. Our site is served via https to ensure safe encryption of any personal information passed to this payment gateway.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic, or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes, by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the www.proact-retail.com website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution, and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act of 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This website is owned and operated by Pro Act Solutions which is based in the Republic of South Africa.
Registration Nr: CK1 # 2009/047569/23
VAT Nr: 4680253525
You can contact us at any time, in order to request access to data we hold about you, correct any information we hold about you, or request removal of any data we hold about you.
In order to make such a request, or if you have any additional questions about our collection and storage of data, you can contact us either via email firstname.lastname@example.org